Tuesday, December 25, 2012

christmas, part 1

Blogging live today. YAY!



8:40 AM: I wake up. Shane was already awake and got Laurel. Lucky me! Wesley was still asleep, seeing as how he was STILL UP at 11 PM last night. I got to bed at 1:15 or so. "Santa" was finished with his business around midnight, but "Santa" was so wired with Christmas cookies and adrenaline he decided to read some of his book club book. Santa even had the energy to assemble the entire nativity. (Reminding us not to forget Jesus.)










8:50 AM: Laurel is enjoying the contents of her stocking and her Santa gifts. She has mostly trainwrecked the nativity by now. (Her PJs are from Grandma and they say, "I've been good all year, just ask Grandma." Haha!)





9 AM: I had two Christmas cookies. We made "Twining" cookies last night, Wesley and me. Hear that dad? Santa got plenty of cookies and a nice mug of milk.



9:15 AM: Wesley's up! He LOVES his trains!



9:30 AM: I check the tracking on one package and find it was delivered yesterday. Oops. I run out to the mailbox in the pouring rain and then slip it into my stocking, haha.

9:39: Aunt Bonnie sends us a video that cousin Evan loves his gift. YAY! Christmas is so happy! 

9:40 AM: We had breakfast (and I've even started dinner). Biscuits & gravy and eggs & sausages. (The bib says "My First Christmas" which isn't entirely true.)



9:50 AM: Wesley has eaten half of his M&Ms from Santa and no breakfast.

10:22 AM: Shane exclaims, "Wow, look at it go! New batteries are great! It even has a light!"

10:27 AM: First Christmas poop (Laurel).

No comments: