Friday, December 7, 2012

diaper cake

And I am awesome! Just kidding, Jayne is awesome since she made one for ME at MY shower last year. Blessed heaven -- thanks Jayne!

First, here is my excellent example.... my ladybug cake for my lovely Laurel.



Here is my tutorial:

Roll a buncha diapers with rubber bands. Note I saved most of them from the cake Jayne made me.





Pattern them around a paper towel holder, using a larger rubber band to hold the levels AND "layers" together. For example, the bottom level had THREE layers of diapers, EACH held together by a separate rubber band. (Look, even a Wesley can do it!)  I think the inner layer had 6 diapers, the next layer had 12, and the outer had 18 maybe?





Stack the levels.





Decorate! Jayne had used double-stick tape, ribbon, wooden figures from JoAnns, and silk flowers. I really liked the color scheme I came up with, for Natalie's gender-unknown baby!



 

 

Impressive, no!?  It would have been BETTER with all-white diapers, but the gal requested size 3 and they don't make Swaddlers in size 3. Although the white would have made it a really pretty "cake." So maybe next time. This was fun!

1 comment:

isew4fun said...

It's very cute and I loved your little helper! Have a fun party.