Wednesday, December 12, 2012

birthday celebrations, take 6

5:30 PM: Dinner is served. Laurel has a total meltdown. Not sure what that was all about, usually she is quite the eater. She eats acorn squash while sitting in my lap, then proceeds to grab mixed vegetables off my plate.

6:30 PM: Everyone is finally settled down and we decide to do presents. She is most fascinated with the hairbow from Krysti & baby Rosy. SUCH cute gifts. She got two loveys (one from mom and one from dad), some handmade babylegs, a onesie & matching bow, a Janie & Jack outfit from Janet & Sara, some PJs from Grandma, a cool star stacker toy, and purple & pink bath squirters. Much fun ensued playing with tissue paper.









6:45 PM: Finally, CAKE! YAY! We sang. It was festive. Laurel got a pink balloon. Girlfriend loooooved the frosting. She had pink frosting on her diaper by the time she was done. Wesley finally got a cupcake.




 





7:09: Two kids in the bath. While the tub was filling Laurel got pink frosting fingers all over the tub and toilet. I thank heaven for Clorox wipes.

7:15 PM: We had some post-bath, pre-story playtime, during which Wesley kept running things over with the circus car, violently, and the circus car went into time-out. It's been a long day.



 7:20 PM: Stories. No one really cared. Wesley was busy playing with Laurel's new star stacker, and kindly letting her hold a star every once in awhile.

7:30 PM: Bed for everyone.

7:45 PM: Me and Shane discuss how crazy our day was. Our baby is one. Wesley is crazy.

8:26 PM: Both kids still not asleep.

9 PM: I give up and go get Laurel and let her play downstairs with me for a little bit. We play with her star stacker. It's fun. (Maybe she's all hopped up on sugar?) I'm fiddling with the computer since the Internet is wacko, and when I'm not looking she gets ahold of my cell phone and rips it in two. It's completely separated. Doesn't work at all. Shane's going to kill me. Guess I'm getting a new cell phone for Christmas after all. My heart is just sick. Ugh. (I've been trying to get this blog post up for over an hour. I should have just given up and let the computer rest, but I was persistent. It'll get done, but I'm frustrated and sad and have no phone to boot.)



9:07 PM: She goes back to bed.

Well, happy birthday, my sweet Laurel. I love you. I am so glad you're in our family. What a year it's been!

Now, on to Christmas!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

So Cute!!!! Happy Birthday little lady bug =)