Thursday, December 22, 2016

christmas advent: day 20 and 21

Oooh baby these were jam-packed days!!!

Day 20. Eat all red and green foods. This is seriously one of my favorites. So, here is breakfast:

green eggs & ham & red pepper

Lunch:

green apples, snap peas, raspberries, ravioli

and Dinner:


green milk, pasta with pesto, green peas, baby tomatoes 

.... and when Wesley ate all his veggies he asked for some Doritoes

W fit a lot of other fun things in on Day 20, also. We went to Molbak's in Woodinville, the quintessential Christmas store. Ornaments, poinsettias, sparkly things everywhere, and the kids didn't break anything. I was looking for one specific thing which wasn't there, so sad.



We also delivered our Christmas cookies to our neighbors, finally.




AND then, to top it all off, we went Christmas caroling with the Activity Day girls and I wore my new light-up sweater. It was kind of amazing.


Day 21. Go ice skating. Here's the story: Wesley's school had a roller skating night last Thursday. After an appointment for flu shots and taekwondo, I was totally toast. Just toast. I didn't want to go so I sorta ho-hummed it and we missed it. When Wesley realized we missed it he was just devastated. Oops. So, I promised him we could go roller skating this week. As I started to plan, I offered that we could ice skate instead. He was super excited about that and said yes. Since this was his family activity, I let him be the lead. But Laurel was mad mad mad, she only wanted to go roller skating and she was throwing a fit. I asked a friend if she wanted an extra little girl around for a few hours (presumably to play with her little girl and keep them both occupied), and she said sure. So my cute Wesley and I had a mother/son date!




At first, he used the walker I rented for $3. I actually bribed him with ice cream to try going around the rink just once without it...




....And he could totally skate!! It was awesome!! I'm so proud of him.


My kid is freaking gorgeous. GORGEOUS. Look at those EYES!!!!



Basically... it was the best date. I totally paid, and there was a cute guy, handholding, and even kissing! Wesley was a total pleasure. He really enjoyed it. We stuck around to see the Zamboni machine. I was done way before he was.... my feet hurt! I fell once when he pulled me down, but other than that I did just fine. What a blast! I think I'll add ice skating permanently to our advent activity list.

Jesus ornaments: Immanuel, Light of the World.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hey, do this again so Grandma can enjoy the adventure. And hey, who is weirdo 4:48 PM yesterday?