Wednesday, December 14, 2016

christmas advent, days 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Oops, I got behind. That's OK! I had a birthday to celebrate and a trip to Canada to attend to. But we're back.

Day 9. Call the Grandmas and go "phone caroling." Wesley didn't really participate, silly boy, but Laurel did and we sang Jingle Bells to both Grandmas in two phone calls. It was a busy busy busy day, so I had planned just as small activity I knew we could squeeze in.

Day 10. Have a birthday party with Laurel at Build-A-Bear. I'll put some pictures of this in another post. This was actually the only day this entire month where my children were not at my house all day to pick out of the advent stocking.

Day 11. Read Christmas stories for bed. The truth is... we were too tired. Or maybe Mom was too tired? In any case, the scripture story will have to count.

Day 12. Happy birthday Laurel! And go to a Christmas party. I knew last month sometime that a big single adult FHE would be the night of her birthday, and I asked her if she wanted to go or if she wanted to do something more birthday-ish. She said she wanted to go! I let her wear our cool "It's my birthday!" necklace, and she ran around and ate lots of treats and had fun. Then one of my friends, towards the end, got on the microphone and announced we should all sing to her! She was kind of stunned, as you can tell. What a sweetie.

You can also see my stunning ugly sweater.


Day 13. Drop off our Secret Santa gifts. These are the gifts we purchased last week. It turns out I'm just working with a group of moms, not an actual organization, so I'll just trust our gift will go to good use and they'll take care of things!

Day 14. Make snowflakes and decorate the house. It's always fun to work on this.







Me, her, him, all with our scissors and our creativity. Then I gave them all pieces of scotch tape and said go put them anywhere they wanted. They're in all kinds of fun places around my house.

Christmas is a blast!

Jesus ornaments for the last couple days:  Little Lord Jesus, Son of God, Lamb of God, the Lamb. And some more I guess. I'm loving all our Jesus names.

No comments: