Thursday, December 8, 2016

christmas advent, day 8

Day 8. Shop for our service project family.

While I was making the advent, I looked for service projects. Usually we do something for the missionaries, but this year we don't have any in our ward. I do have making/delivering cookies to our neighbors on the schedule, but I also like to do something else. Last year we got tags off a tree and went to the store and bought gifts for other children, and I like that experience for my kids. So when I saw a post about adopting a family on a local site, I checked it out. We adopted a 3-year-old little girl who likes princesses, Paw Patrol, and bath toys.

I had some things in my stash to contribute too, so here is our contribution to our Christmas friend:


We have Santa PJs, a pretty dress, a coloring book, bath set, bath squirters, wand, blanket, Christmas ornament, and a few candies.

I think the kids had fun shopping for someone else. It was nice to see them being thoughtful.

Jesus ornament:  Bread of Life.

No comments: