Sunday, December 4, 2016

christmas advent, day 4

Day 4. Go to Grant & Hayes' Christmas party.

My girlfriend Jayne and I met in a new mom's group more than 8 years ago when our boys were tiny babies. We've remained dear friends. Tonight was her annual holiday party, where she invites 70 of her closest friends. I am dang lucky to be one of them! Attendance was just perfect and we stayed late, visiting and laughing. I ate enough Christmas brickle to last me the whole month.

Here's the only photo I got:

me, Anique, Karly, Jayne, Vicki, Jessica

I've known all these women since our babies were months, if not days, old, or before. They bring me so much happiness.

Basically, the kids ran free and played and ate all the treats they could shove in their mouths. And I talked to my friends about divorce, elementary school, working mom life, potty training, home improvement projects, Capitol Hill, and more! It was a great Christmas activity. 

Oh, today's Jesus ornament:  Beloved Son.  

No comments: