Monday, December 5, 2016

christmas advent, day 5

Day 5. Attend the Bellevue Nativity Festival.

I loooove this event. Imagine a whole church building filled to the brim with countless nativities. Wooden, glass, fabric, plastic, bottle caps, Snoopy, snowmen, and on and on.

Here are some highlights....


A "living" nativity... love the tongue sticking out and the "star" on his shirt, haha




She loved the flamingo!


She also begged to have her picture taken with this one. The smooth, round wood is very nice.


The last one we saw was the snowmen!

There's a scavenger hunt for everyone, which was super fun. We found most things, plus there are challenges like "count all the trees in the gymnasium." They have musical numbers to sit and listen to, a movie room with nativity films being shown, etc. We went with three single adult friends of mine and their kids, plus we ran into at least three or four other people I knew. It's one of my favorite things. I wish I could wander. Maybe one year I'll go without kids... haha. No, I love them being there, but I definitely didn't see all that I could have seen.

Today's Jesus ornament:  Son of God. This was perfect because the scripture we read today, Helaman 14: 1-5, references the Son of God. You would think I planned that! I did not. But next year I will. 

No comments: