Sunday, November 11, 2012

day 11

Uh oh. What I really want to be thankful for today is sleep, and I was already thankful for that. Whoops. (I got a nap. It was heavenly).

I am also thankful for veterans, but I was already thankful for this country so that seemed redundant. Maybe I'll instead be thankful for people who sacrifice on my behalf, even though I'm a stranger. Veterans fit this bill. And so do people who like, let me in during bad traffic.

Both of my grandfathers were veterans, one in WWII and one in the Korean War. War is an ugly thing. I'm grateful for their willingness to serve and fight for those things I hold dear.

(I have a good list!)

day 11: veterans
day 10: books
day 9: exercise/body
day 8: money/jobs
day 7: hubs
day 6: country
day 5: plumbing/electricity/modern conveniences
day 4: medicine
day 3: chocolate
day 2: sleep
day 1: being a mommy

No comments: