Monday, November 12, 2012

day 12

Today I'm thankful for Seattle. I love living here. I read somewhere, was it a newspaper article?, about how when transplants move here they whine and complain for about two years about how much they hate it, then all of a sudden they are completely hooked and never want to leave. Yup, that sounds about right. I really love it here. I love the excitement of the "big" city, how we have an aquarium and zoo and NFL team and skyscrapers and double-decker buses. I love the feel of the 'burbs and my playgroup schedules and the children's museum. I love the incredible summer weather had (love love love!), and the cool rainy falls. I love that we get snow. I love that as soon as daylight savings ends and we're all miserable that it's dark at 5, immediately the Christmas lights go up so we have something spectacular to look forward to. Then after Dec. 21 the days get longer again and we're on our way out! I love it! It works out perfect. I just love so many things about living here. I don't mind the gray. I am a bit crazy.


Funny story:  In college I was obsessed with "the sun" (yea whatever) and thought I'd end up in Phoenix or something, and I semi-dated this guy who was from Seattle and said he wanted to end up back here and I kinda laughed him off, saying "well there's no way THAT'LL work out!"

AND HERE I AM. Wonder if I should find him on Facebook? Haha.  (Ok I just looked, can't find him.)

That's it for now. Love this place. It rained all day.

No comments: