Tuesday, November 27, 2012

day 27

It's late. Why must I always do this last-thing?

Today I am grateful for my mommy friends. Oh dear, I am grateful for my wonderful mommy friends.


 (All of us at the one in the middle's wedding.)


Before Wesley was born, Shane and I took a child-birthing class. We didn't really live near the hospital I delivered at, so we took one at the hospital closer. I met 6 other women in that class. One of them I particularly liked, and we had our babies first, out of the 7. She invited me to a New Moms Group at the hospital where we took those birthing classes. It happened to be where she delivered her baby, also.

At that Moms Group, I met 10-12 incredibly amazing fabulous terrific women that I've kept in touch with. When we "aged out" of the New Moms Group, we formed our own group and had playdates and such. We get together for birthday dinners. We get together for kiddo birthday parties. We have had a couple "moms weekends" at one Mom's family lake house. We've thrown baby shower after baby shower for new sibling.  Some of us started a book club! We've been there for each other through emergencies and celebrations.

I've laughed with these girls, I've cried with these girls. I know some of them so well and I consider them my bestest friends. One of them, after her birthday dinner last year, emailed all of us and said she just couldn't believe how the small simple decision to attend a New Moms Group all those years ago would change her life forever. I totally agree. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE.

Sometimes in the Church, I bounce from ward to ward, and I don't really make REAL friends. REAL friends who love you no matter what (it is possible, I believe it! I do have a few!). But, it's not as easy to keep in touch when I move to a different ward and I'm seeing these people every Sunday like clockwork. More often, I make "friends" in my ward, and I'm not really sure we're friends. One gal, I've been trying and trying and trying to make a playdate with her, to just get together and let the kids play, and she cancels on me every single time. I know she's busy, and I get it.... but I also think about this other group, this Moms Group I have, and I really believe any one of them would never make me feel like my other Church "friend" does.  Like I just don't fit in her life.

How blessed I am to have the support group in the Church, where many of us have the same values, AND have this incredible group of friends outside of the Church, where all of us come from different backgrounds and experiences, and YET they are all so accepting and loving and appreciative of all I am and what I offer. We really don't judge each other. We're just a bunch of mommies trying to do our best. They are INCREDIBLE. I love them all so very much.

Tonight we celebrated November birthdays with Thai food and pedicures (I missed the pedicures, but I made last year's November pedicure celebration and you better believe I'll be at next year's, as soon as a certain baby doesn't need me to put her to bed). My wonderful friends bought me dinner and we talked about school districts and the newest babies and Breaking Dawn and the kids in gymnastics. 

I still keep in touch with moms from BOTH groups, the "Birthing Buddies" and the "New Moms." I'm so grateful for these amazing women who make me feel so loved. 






Many more pictures to come. I'll hang out with these ladies forever.

Seriously, one of the group even moved to Germany and one friend arranged for a "baby shower in a box" for her. How cool is that? You can't even move out of the country and lose touch with these ladies. We're a force.

No comments: