Sunday, November 18, 2012

day 18

Today is my birthday. Today I am grateful for my life, for the 32 years I've been able to experience being alive and all the things that are incredible. Every breath I take comes with adventure. Not all adventure is wonderful, mind you, but it's adventure nonetheless.

Thanks to Mom & Dad for giving me life. And letting me live despite my teenage attitude adjustments. Thanks for teaching me the values I cherish.

Thanks to BYU for my self-confidence, my education, my friends, my husband.

Thanks to all the other educators and co-workers who shaped who I am, shaped how I learn and grow and experience life.  

Thanks to that husband for keeping me for what will soon be 10 years. And hopefully keeping me for more.

Thanks to Wesley & Laurel for joining my family, letting me experience motherhood and all the happiness and tears that comes along with that.

Thanks to my friends, for seeing me for who I am and for loving me and caring about me. Wow. Sometimes the fact that people choose to be with me is astonishing.

Thank you thank you thank you for helping me celebrate today. I'm truly grateful for another year. I've got high hopes for this year so we'll see how things go! 

No comments: