Monday, November 5, 2012

day 5

Today I am thankful for indoor plumbing. And electricity. I think often about the pioneers, going across the plains and sleeping outside and um, not changing their clothes, and I truly am humbled. I seriously need my washing machine and dryer to operate properly or my life falls apart. When we had our awful washing machine fiasco in September, I wanted to die. And in October, we finally got our master shower fixed and I feel like a new person. And every time the furnace kicks on in the middle of the night I get a little giddy. OK this is turning into a post about our house... I promise I'll be thankful for that soon... today it's the general concept of living in this incredible age of technology and blessed personal hygiene convenience. And microwaves, too. And while I'm at it, I'm also thankful for my Dad who knows so much about these technical household things. :-)





No comments: