Thursday, November 15, 2012

day 15

I gotta get to bed again (aren't you impressed I'm sticking with this? I should like, pre-post or something but never seem to have the time), but today I am grateful for each new day. Every day when I wake up I can start over.

For example, I am grateful I didn't spank my kid today. I tried very hard. There have been days where I did swat his bottom because he deserved it in the worst way, but today was not one of those days. I refrained although he was making me crazy tonight.

For another example, today (and yesterday), I had ice cream at 9 PM. Whoops. That's not a good thing. Tomorrow is a new day. If I can make it through tomorrow without eating ice cream at 9 PM I'll be doing well.

Those are my main trials right now. I think those two things are what I pray about the most -- discipline/kids/motherhood and controlling the temptation to eat every ounce of sugar in this house. I'm grateful for every single day I have to keep working on mastering these things. I suppose I have a lifetime to figure it out, but I'd like to get much of that figuring out done now. It's tough, I'll tell ya.

No comments: