Tuesday, November 20, 2012

day 20

Ahhh today. Today was hard. I am finding it tough to think of something to be grateful for. How about this: I am grateful for other people, educators and family and friends, who can connect with my son sometimes better than I can. I never thought I needed a "preschool" for my son. BOY WAS I WRONG. The child will not listen to me. But he WILL listen to Miss Andrea and Miss Sarah at his old preschool/daycare, who said he was so well behaved on his first day it was like he had been there forever (whaaaaaaaa?). He WILL listen to Miss Marilyn at his new preschool, oh heaven bless her. He WILL listen to Brother and Sister Henry, his Sunbeams teachers. He WILL listen to Miss Sharon, his occupational therapist who is helping him with his fine motor skills. He WILL listen to Grandma Gottula, who always seems to have lots of energy for how busy Wesley makes her. He WILL listen to Grandma Twining, who played Christmas bingo with him for hours after Laurel was born and I was dead to the world.

He won't listen to me. Well, most days. Some days I get lucky and we work together writing out letters and coloring with crayons and molding playdough joyfully.

Today was not one of those days.

(But to add some more gratitude, it ended on a nice note where I read him three books, an article in the Friend, and several Book of Mormon verses, and then we sang exactly one short song and produced a group-effort prayer. That was nice. But boy I'm tired.)

So thank you. To all of the other people out there who are helping my child become a sweet kid.

No comments: