Thursday, November 22, 2012

day 22

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Today I am thankful for my testimony of Jesus Christ. I remember one girl in high school, I will never forget this, we were standing at my locker one day and she just looked at me and said, "Angela, there is just something different about you. What is it?" I was totally taken aback by her question. I didn't know what she meant. I wish I had realized it then and was strong enough to tell her. It's my testimony. I know I'm a daughter of God. I know that no matter how awful things get, they're still wonderful. I'm alive, I'm blessed, I can find the good in everything since it's God's plan. He knows me. He loves me. He has a plan for me and things he wants me to learn and by golly one of these days I'll figure it all out. I'm grateful for the faith I have.

I'm grateful I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I made a good decision back when I was eight years old to get baptized. I'm SO GRATEFUL for my mother, who basically told my father, when I was born, that she wanted to find a Church to take her baby girl to. I'm SO GRATEFUL that my father, who was inactive at the time, felt some stirrings in his heart and took Mom to the Mormon Church. I'M SO GRATEFUL. I'm grateful for the missionaries who baptized my parents in the early 80s. I'm grateful we were sealed in the temple as a family in 1986. I'M SO GRATEFUL that I know truth. I am grateful the Spirit has spoken to me, whispered in my heart and told me the things that are true, so I can live my life in a way I'm proud of and I know the Lord is pleased with. I'm grateful I've seen the blessings of the gospel every day in my 32 years, even on some of the hardest days. And there have been hard days.

This seems like the most important thing, it's only fitting I'd save it for Thanksgiving day. I'm grateful for my Savior. I'm grateful for the Atonement. I'm grateful there is a way to overcome all hardship. I'm so so so grateful.

 

No comments: