Saturday, November 17, 2012

day 17

Today I am thankful for laughter. I love clean humor. I love things I can share with my kids. Wesley loves the jokes in Rio and we love saying, "guess what!? chicken butt!" He just laughs and laughs.

I remember, at BYU, realizing at one point how incredibly powerful SO MUCH FUN could be. I lived in a three-story apartment complex, and a group of kids was playing this game (for FHE), where one partner would lie down on the ground, face up, and the other partner would go up to the second story and drop an ice cream sundae into their partner's mouth. First, a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then chocolate syrup. Next, whipped cream. Finally a cherry. IT WAS HILARIOUS. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen and I thought, "BYU? I LOVE IT HERE." I loved laughing.

Now that I'm old and (ah) more tired, I really need to laugh at myself more. I need to figure out how to control my stress so everyone around me doesn't know I'm stressed. LIFELONG JOURNEY, FOLKS. I wear my heart on my sleeve, that's for sure.

But really, I love to be happy. I love to smile. I'm grateful for the optimism I have that makes life so exciting and fun.

I hope for years more of laughter.

No comments: