Friday, November 9, 2012

day 9

Today I am thankful for exercise. I exercised this morning. I don't do it enough. Unfortunately, 12 minutes into my 50+ minute video Laurel woke up, so I went and got her and let her play on the floor while I continued my video. (She is always amenable in the morning so I thought would be fine.) She did great.... she had a ball knocking over my water bottle 3 times, getting into my wallet (and grabbing and eating a credit card, don't know how that happened), pulling DVDs off the shelf, assaulting the cat, changing the channel on the TV, etc. And I got my sweat on.

I am grateful for that time to myself (usually), where I can just push myself to try to get the "gunk" out that seems to build up after too much Halloween candy or white bread. I am grateful that I have a body capable of turning myself into a sweaty mess. I'm grateful for a lukewarm shower afterwards. I'm grateful for the great feeling I have for hours. I'm grateful every day is a new day and a chance to prove I can do it, again and again.

I'm grateful for Pinterest's new "secret" boards so I can motivate myself better to exercise, lose weight, and improve this body I have. It's a struggle, but it's one worth struggling through.

(Lookie, even Wesley is doing the exercise video, circa April 2011.... ;-)


No comments: